Federal Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency On February 17th, 2009 President Obama signed a stimulus bill (The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009) that made some significant changes to the energy efficiency tax credits. All qualifying systems will receive a tax credit for 30% of the cost of the system, up to $1,500.00.
To get your tax credit you will need to use IRS Form 5695 and have the following:
- A copy of your invoice.
- A copy of the ARI printout for your records.
Merritt Island Air and Heat will provide you with your ARI print out and Invoice at the time of installation, if you purchase a qualifying system. Not all ENERGY STAR products will qualify for the tax credit. To qualify for the Tax Credit, the following HVAC unit must have the following Energy Star requirements.
Energy Star Specifications
- EER rating greater than or equal to 13
- SEER rating greater than or equal to 16
- HSPF rating greater than or equal to 8.5
- EER rating greater than or equal to 12.5
- Seer rating greater than or equal to 15
- EER rating greater to than or equal to 12
- SEER rating greater than or equal to 14
- You could save hundreds of dollars cooling your home.
- A more efficient system can save you money on your cooling and
heating costs, and FPL may also provide you with a rebate when you
Purchase and install a complete (both indoor and outdoor), high-efficiency A/C system, with a minimum 14 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) using Merritt Island Air & Heat, an FPL Independent Contractor. Then, you'll receive an FPL rebate off the purchase price from us based on the efficiency rating and size of your new system.